December 17th, 2018
Choosing a baby name for your child is almost like choosing his identity. Ever hear about the association of a person’s name with his personality? That’s how our names really work. A name molds a person’s identity like a cookie-cutter. So, better get that best baby name for your son or daughter. Read on for some tips on how to provide that best baby name for your little angel.
1. Stop with the dictates of your family’s tradition. Choosing the right baby name does not have to always rely on what your elderly relatives deem to be the best baby name. It is your baby’s name, not theirs. Once your baby is born he will be stuck with that baby name for life. So it’s not wise to just settle for any baby name that will suit grandma’s or auntie’s taste.
2. Take a look into his future. You don’t want your baby to be forever ridiculed by his playmates because you didn’t think through his name, right? Research the meaning of the baby name that you are eyeing. Don’t consider Beelzebub as a prospective baby name just because you heard it from a TV show and you find it cute. Don’t use Rodelfa because a certain Mexican TV show’s hunky lead actor is called Rodolfo. Just plainly saying yes to your gut feeling or trying to follow a fad by naming your baby a certain celebrity’s (sometimes notorious), or NOT THINKING AT ALL in giving your precious one his or her baby name are huge no-nos!
Personalize your baby blankets and other unique and thoughtful birthday presents! Personalized baby and kids gifts provide an affordable keepsake that will be cherished for years to come! See our personalized gifts at PersonalBabyProducts.com!
3. Consider reading the initials of the baby name you are planning to give your baby. Make sure they don’t stand for anything funny, disturbing or something utterly stupid. Christine Sue Irving? What will happen on the next episode? Alvin Stephen Stuart? He’ll surely remember not to get near any hole. You can imagine the embarrassing situations you may put your child into when he or she grows up.
4. Google last year’s top 100 baby names. We’re not advocating going with the latest trends. This is simply a great place to start jogging your mind. Perhaps start at the bottom of the list.
5. Don’t go for the overkill. Being too creative in thinking of a baby name can backfire. Examples are too unique spellings. It will be hard for the kid to keep spelling his or her name to people who only know the common spelling of such name.
6. Collaborate with your partner in coming up with the best baby name for your sweet baby. Sharing this kind of decision-making is a good way of furthering your bond as a couple, not to mention the possibility of coming up with a better baby name. Sometimes, one partner is more domineering, but there is no place for that in this important decision. Remember that “two heads are better than one”.
Appeasing relative, avoiding embarrassing initials and the discovery of disgusting meanings are some of the major concerns that should be considered in your quest for the perfect baby name. You might find this a bit taxing, but in the long run, you’ll see that doing your homework will have your offspring thanking you when the right time comes. Happy baby naming!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Personal Baby Products by Randesign provides these articles for education and entertainment only. Always consult your doctor for advice that is right for your unique child. We provide families with quality, affordable gifts and presents that are keepsakes that last a lifetime. See our flagship product, Personalized Baby Blankets, personalized t-shirts, nameplates and other items for unique gift ideas for babies and kids!