Some of us are getting the winter blahs so bad by March that we need a family escape. Some of us have youngsters with Spring Break in March making it the best time of year for that escape. Either way, we all need a few suggestions on getting the most bang for our buck with family in tow. So, here’s a chapter in our Affordable Family Vacations featuring Awesome March Destinations.
1. Williamsburg, Virginia: Yo can’t be too sure what you’re going to get weather-wise in Williamsburg in March, but you can be pretty sure you won’t find a blizzard. You may want to stay at their Great Wolf Lodge – a family hotel with an indoor water park. See Williamsburg’s Historic Attractions, Theme Parks & Other Events.
Busch Gardens and Water Country USA
Yorktown Victory Center
Many, many more!
2. Big Bear Lake, CA: When Southern Californians want a quick escape from the urban sprawl of the lowlands, they head to the San Bernardino Mountains, where Big Bear Lake — a city named after its signature body of water — provides pretty space aplenty for play and relaxation. Check out their Family Fun Package:
Perfect escape from the urban sprawl
Pretty space aplenty for play and relaxation
Perfect for a range of budgets
3. LEGOLAND, California: How many bricks does it take to build a world-class attraction? If we’re talking LEGOLAND California, many a young child’s favorite place on the planet: Over 57 million LEGO bricks is what it took to create the park’s 22,000-plus LEGO models.
Perfect for preschoolers and ‘tweens
Water park within the theme park (opens March 7th)
Proximity to additional San Diego family attractions
4. Austin, Texas: Warmth, sunshine and food for the adults! Comic book heaven and parks for the kids. Opened in 1977, Austin Books & Comics is one of Texas’ biggest and longest running comic book stores. Taking your comic book fans and young collectors here is a must while in the Texan capital.
5. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago amazes me. Everything about it is so well done and well kept, that you’ll forget about the cold temperatures of March. For families, Chicago’s charm is obvious: the mix of indoor/outdoor parks, ice skating rinks, restaurants for all tastes and budgets and world-class cultural offerings makes it an all-ages playground for just about any demographic. ChooseChicago.com has an incredible site to plan your trip.
A down-to-earth, family-friendly city
Museum Row and Navy Pier
Millennium Park and 500+ other parks to enjoy
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .We hope that you found an inspiring tidbit or two here and don’t hesitate to share it. We bring you lots of baby and kids news, tips and tricks, so check back often at PersonalBabyProducts.com and PersonalizedKidsPlates.com